Edit: It seems that you cannot use the GPMC either, but we have found that CardUp can be used as a workaround to pay your bills using Grab Credits.
Those of you have been following this blog will know that we were one of the first to break the story back in August regarding the opportunity to get up to 10% cashback/3.2 MPD on all your regular bill payments by using the AXS mobile app and paying via GrabPay - if you are not aware of this you can check out the full article here
However, as of today (16 Dec) we started getting reports and also personally tested out ourselves that the AXS mobile app is currently not accepting payments directly via Grab Pay anymore. As you can see from the screenshot below of me trying to pay a Singtel bill - the GrabPay option is greyed out, and if you try anyway you will get the message “Please note payments via GrabPay are unavailable until further notice”
Message that appears if you try to use the GrabPay option
Message shown on the Grab FAQ regarding this change
This may just be a temporary issue as GrabPay undergoes some expected changes and updates as part of the launch of the physical GrabPay MasterCard (GPMC) that they have announced. Personally, we do expect the GrabPay option for AXS to come back online in some form or other since this was a relatively new feature (you can still the GrabPay option is still tagged as “NEW” on the app).
As Grab starts to roll out the GPMC more widely to all Singaporeans, one possibility/likelihood is that instead of having a direct GrabPay option on AXS, they instead start publicising and encouraging everyone to use the GPMC to pay AXS bills. Given that many Singaporeans still use AXS to pay their bills, this could be one way for Grab to get some additional publicity for their new card.
We would love to hear from you if you notice any changes while you use the AXS app - do drop a comment here so that we can help to keep everyone updated on whats happening with this!
If you would like to get the maximum rewards from your credit cards, do consider subscribing to regular updates and follow us on Facebook to stay updated on the latest tips, tricks, and hacks (like this article!) to get the most out of your credit cards
If you enjoyed this article, you may also be interested in:
- WhatCard's list of best credit card sign up promotions
- December Promo: Get $300 in cash when applying for a Citibank card. New-to-bank customers only
- Cash vs Card: Which is better for overseas expenses?
- StashAway Simple: Is it that simple?
- WhatCard of the Week (WCOTW) 15 Nov: StanChart Unlimited Card
- Best credit card to top-up YouTrip : It’s (probably) not the card you are thinking of
- Why do so many people continue to use their EZ-Link cards for MRT/Bus payments?
- Get up to 10% cashback when paying for your taxes, utilities and insurance bills with this simple trick